Spring into a Healthy Smile!
Good oral hygiene is always important even when you are not going through orthodontic treatment — but it becomes even more important when you begin treatment at Havener Orthodontics.
Here are some tips on how to keep teeth healthy while straightening teeth:
5 Tips for Oral Hygiene During Your Orthodontic Treatment
- Brush often. Brushing helps to keep teeth healthy by removing food particles, acids and bacteria from tooth surfaces.
- Get an interdental brush. An interdental brush can be used to loosen and remove debris from teeth surfaces before brushing.
- Floss all day, every day (well not all day but you know what we mean). Orthodontic devices make it a lot harder to floss, but flossing remains important during treatment since it removes plaque buildup from hard-to-reach places.
- Use a mouthwash. Mouthwash provides an extra layer of protection. It cleans places that floss cannot reach, it kills bacteria and it helps to remineralize teeth.
- Do not miss dental appointments. Do not miss dental appointments. Do not miss dental appointments. You get the point!
The team at Havener Orthodontics is here to make your perfect smile a reality. Call our offices in McAllen or Harlingen to schedule your free consultation to see if you’re a candidate for orthodontic treatment today!